Black hole cat
This came in the mail today: Sun Kil Moon’s “Benji” 2xLP on clear yellow vinyl. The first of two for this beautiful, heartbreaking record
Day 2 of no internet: God is dead, hell is real, Charter is Satan.
My phone sucks and I only get a cell connection less than 25% of the time. If I owe you a message I’ll get back soon
I really don’t like lying to people. But sometimes the truth is so horrible that it literally makes me sick to my stomach. So I have to choose the lesser of two evils, live with my guilt, and pray that I take the burden of horrible, shameful truth with me to my grave
A few collected thoughts on today:
- Holy shit so we got a Which Wich that just moved in near work and I went there for the first time today and got a muffuletta with a ton of random fixings and it was fucking incredible. 14/10 best new sandwich shop
- My roommate and I decided we were going to have a race this summer to catch ‘em all and complete an entire living Pokédex. I’m at like 410 or so but he’s a good 50 ahead of me and the last thing I really needed right now was to get addicted to Pokémon again but here we are
- I really need to get a banjo soon
- Mike Patton posted on his FB page about a sudden shit-ton of new Mr. Bungle merch, with plans to reissue all the albums next year. I don’t know about you, but this sounds like it could be building hype for… something. If it’s an actual Mr. Bungle reunion I will shit a golden brick and beat myself senseless with it
- For best effect, Cards Against Humanity is best when played only every so often, unless you own every freakin expansion pack
- Donuts are great after midnight, especially when they’re kosher donuts from Greenbush and they’re eaten with friends
"Persona 5 first, then the economy."
- President Obama in a historic State of the Union address to the nation.
The thing is, I think to some extent I’m kind of a cool guy. I have a lot of things I really need to work on but I like what I do and I like what I’m into. I think I’m cool enough for myself. The problem is that I don’t think I’ll ever be cool enough for anyone else
I got a surprise email from my godparents tonight, very brief but with an accompanying picture to just say hello. My godparents, Barb and Ted, are an older Hispanic couple who lived down the street from the house I was born in, all the way back on the outskirts of Phoenix, AZ, and they and their daughters are the absolute most kind-hearted and gentle people I have ever had the honor of being acquainted with. They took my parents and myself into their family and made us feel like home. I haven’t been back to Arizona in 8 years and I’ve had sparse contact with them since, but just hearing a few brief words from Ted has both made my night and reminded me of how much I miss them and how sad I am that I’ve not been able to see them in so long. The way they treated our family and the way they showed us such kindness for so long it was as if they were our immediate family, and to me they are just as important. My schedule is so busy nowadays but they’re starting to get up there in years, and I love them too much to have gone so long without visiting. I need to make a serious effort to get back out there as soon as humanly possible.
Some dude came into our store and bought over $200 worth of condoms, lube, and whipped cream. You can’t even make this shit up. Sounds like one hell of a weekend this guy has planned
Photo courtesy of nogodsnodrums